£25k - £45k in Brighton
We’re looking for the next designers to join our team. This is an open vacancy and the role will be filled when we find the right person.
The role is a collaborative one that is also at the very forefront of the creative output of the business. It is integral to UnitedUs requiring a safe pair of hands combined with an innovative and progressive approach to creative.
Creativity is the foundation of UnitedUs and as a designer, you are at the forefront of the creative output of the business. Working in partnership with the Creative and Digital Directors you are responsible for the visual look of creative work delivered for our clients. Your role is one that requires new thinking, bold ideas and creative leaps of faith of a daily basis whilst also have safe hands to deliver client briefs, on time and to their specification.
You will also be a valued and vocal part of the creative team, working collaboratively with the digital designer, lead developer, account managers and more. You will be a part of the heart of UnitedUs and it’s your opportunity to spend your days being creative and pushing the envelope both internally and externally for our clients.
- To work closely with the Senior Creative Team to devise, design and deliver brilliant campaigns that will capture attention, engage audiences and compel them to take action.
- To focus predominantly on print and offline based creative projects.
- To be a vocal and active part of the creative branding process and meetings, contributing ideas, new creative treatments and creative opportunities to the team and to Senior Creative Team colleagues.
- To take ownership of the print aspects of UnitedUs, be involved in brand and creative discussions and bring ideas that focus on the use of print techniques to creatively engage audiences.
- To demonstrate the passion to be the champion of the brands created and to take them from concept and build to a working, finalised brand
- Build and develop knowledge of the print production process and the differences between lithographic and digital print capabilities
- Responsibility for keeping UnitedUs at the forefront of technologies and techniques in the print industry
- Build and develop proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite and show consideration to future technologies and their benefits for UnitedUs.
Designers are the life-blood of the agency and are what UnitedUs are defined by in the eyes of the clients. Therefore this person needs to be someone who loves a creative challenge and is willing to question existing creative thinking with ideas and outcomes. It needs a personality that lives and breathes creativity, someone who loves to sniff a book for the paper smell, and spend an oddly long amount of time looking at the reflection of print in the ‘right light’. It needs someone who is driven by beautifully crafted typography and the alignment of image grids.
It is a vital cog in the UnitedUs creative team wheel and ideas that enhance the outcomes of the projects should stem from them, with conviction.
Proven ability to manage time and juggle a wide variety of projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to forge lasting and fruitful relationships with both clients and supplier partners
- A high level of creative portfolio
- A high standard of English language written and spoken
- A strong understanding of print techniques and examples of delivering technically challenging print projects
UnitedUs recognises that our dedicated team help the business to achieve ambitious goals by going the extra mile. We, in turn reward their dedication and commitment by building a culture of reward for our people who are fully supportive of the organisation and the place we want to build. The role of a Designer is one that is embedded in the bedrock of the UnitedUs business and the qualities essential in the role underly everything that UnitedUs achieves.
With this in mind we are offering the following:
- Pension contribution
- Profit share potential
- Social events with the UnitedUs team
- 25 days holiday
- Weekly breakfast
- Team dinners
- Refreshment fridge
- Monthly massage available
- And many more